Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Reviews: You know you've been wondering what I've been reading! :)

I saw a movie last night that made my jaw drop.
I saw in a friend's facebook status that they had watched "Grey Gardens" and wanted to do some home improvements. I thought, hmmm. Wonder what that is. So I googled it, got even more intrigued and proceeded to wait three months for my request at the library to come in.

You need to see this movie. It was absolutely fascinating! It's a riches to rags story and it will make you truly wonder how people can live in certain conditions and yes, it will make you want to clean your house!
Another facebook treasure, a friend mentioned this book so I got it from the library, read it, loved it and proceeded to share it with my brothers and sister in law and then wait ever so impatiently for...
...the sequel which is just as wonderful and now we have to wait a year for the third book! Augh!! I had just finished the Uglies series so I wasn't sure I would be that interested in another story about a futuristic society but these books don't disappoint and will make you think!

Read them!!
And just for fun, I will tell you that I love these two movies.
I was raised by a trekkie and love any movie that swells up a guys' hands to Mickey Mouse size.
And despite the fact that I don't think they needed to add a scene that isn't in the books, I liked the movie better the second time and loved it the first.
My Mom loaned me this book recently. I have loved other books by this author like "Where the Heart Is" and this was another wonderful story. I love books with good southern flavor but that don't poke fun that we talk slow. Just gets me proud of enough to want me some catfish 'n okra!
and yes, you can get me any of these for Christmas :)
just kidding, just sharing my recent reads!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Umm..one question...How much free time do you have on your hands to read, watch movies, hang out at the library etc...? Inquiring minds want to know! I must be doing something wrong in my day because you'll never see a post like this from me. However, I am going to find that Grey Gardens movie though, looks intriguing.

Liz said...

one word...insomnia
well, two more...lazy housewife :)