Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Once Upon a Time...


M has been amazing me with her beginnings of pretend play this week. During her photo shoot last Saturday, she picked up a teddy bear and hugged it and rocked it and kissed it....a little history here. She got a baby doll for Christmas from her aunt, GCT. I thought she'd love it!! She loves other kids and seeing babies and gets all excited, but she promptly cast it aside! I would pick it up and rock the baby and she'd get all excited...no jealous! She'd grab it away from me and promptly throw it across the room! Her relationships with dolls and stuffed animals did not start off well! So, I was excited to see her this week picking up her doll and rocking it and kissing her teddy bears.

She's also finally playing peekaboo! She picked up a dish towel the other day and put it on her head, took it off when I said, "where are you?" and laughed and repeated it a bunch of times. I love her belly laugh! It's the best! She'll pick up her hat and try to put it on her head, try to brush her hair if I leave her brush out, point to everything, try to put on her shoes, take my ID badge and try to put on her "necklace". I love it! And...she's finally giving kisses! Real ones, not "kisses" that are really bite attempts!

No comments: