Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A better day

I had a rough week turn into a good day. It transformed from a week filled with house selling frustration, bad weather, bad traffic, bah humbug, not in the Christmas spirit problems to a lovely day with my two favorite people.

Today, lots of good things happened.
1. We had no traffic or icy, snowy roads all the way downtown so we made it there in 20 minutes.
2. I found a bathroom once we got there JUST in time!
3. We had a lovely lunch at the skyroom on the 12th floor of Macy's (formerly Dayton's) with above 2 favorite people.
4. We saw a WONDERFUL, magical Christmas display at Macy's of the Nutcracker! (more, with pics, on that later)
5. M LOVED the Nutcracker display and asked to go through it again...it wasn't crowded after lunch so we did! And then she asked again, but we said twice was enough! :)
6. "Austenland" by Shannon Hale FINALLY came in at the library! happy reading to me!
7. I made bank in the holiday section of the library! I think I have 12 days of Christmas books! (more on that one later, too!)
8. I got to take my sweetie home with me at 1:45 after our lovely lunch and display (which is good because the lovely lunch gave me a tummy ache)
9. My lovely sweet too-busy-to-do-this-but-did-it-anyway-because-i'm-her-daughter, Mom, sent me three Christmas music mixes in the mail! We got Jake's boogie woogie Christmas, a MoTab Christmas mix, and a BYU Christmas Celebration! thank you, Mom!
10. I belted out the first track of the BYU mix in the car at top volume! It was a Mack Wilberg arrangement of "Angels We have Heard on High" that I sang in my high school choir so I knew every word and note and even remembered the key changes! Gotta love going to high school in Orem, Utah!

2 comments:

Grace said...

I'm glad you're doing better than the horrible traffic days! I love you and can't wait to see you!

Jen said...

I am so glad that your rough week turned into such a good day. I hope that things continue to go well for you and that you can enjoy the holiday season!