Sunday, February 1, 2009

How to make a Sleeping Beauty-ish cake...and other birthday festivities!

M didn't think Snape would make a good princess for her cake! So we traded him for Sleeping Beauty!

LG was quite horrified at all the pink of the day!
So, first you make two cake mixes.  Funfetti cake is a good one for kids! 

Then you prep your thirty year old fancy, funny-shaped cake pan
Then you bake for twice as long as the longest cake-about 1 1/2 hours.
When you take the cake out, it will look like this. 
Prep your Barbie for the salon and dress studio by putting up her hair with a baggie and rubber band.
Please forgive all the doll nudity. Frost her skirt
Frost her top and let her hair down
Sprinkle skirt with pink sprinkles and put on her crown (shown below)
This is just so you know that LG {does} smile! in fact she's my wide mouth frog, her smiles are usually big grins!
Insert candles, blow them out, and enjoy!  (and make a chocolate cake for the adult birthday boy who thinks he's too good for a princess cake!)
Then enjoy your new trike with matching princess helmet! gotta love January in Arkansas!!!

and of course fly your fairies around with your cousins! :)
I'm sure there will be more to come-we haven't even opened presents from grandparents yet! lucky girl!!

10 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Liz you are so talented--what a cute cake! LG's smile is adorable. What a fun birthday weekend you guys are having!

Becca said...

What an awesome cake!! Cannot believe you were able to create that! You're so talented :)

Amy said...

How cute is that!! I did a similar one for Caite when she turned 3. Must be the age. How fun to have Father/Daughter birthdays! Me and my dad are just a day apart. I always thought that made me special.

Halley said...

Umm...will you make my Birthday cake? I like Cinderella. :) Seriously Liz, is there anything you CAN't do? That cake is AWESOME!!! :)

Liz said...

thanks guys!

amy, my birthday is the day before my dad's-we're big on clusters in our fam! i was always told i was his birthday present and i loved it!

halley, if i were around, i would totally make your cake!

ali said...

Samantha would be so jealous of that cake...I took the easy route- I copied your design from last year (and yes I do remember it!). She loved it none the same and the princesses are all over my house now-even Ryan is getting good at naming them!

Marci said...

Kayley really wants a cake like that now. lol! Great job. :D

Linz said...

AWESOME CAKE!!!

Emily said...

Happy Birthday W and M!!! Looks like a great party!

Grace said...

love love love it! so cute. we think Lucy's picture is amazingly hilarious! :)