Friday, February 6, 2009

I have a fabric problem

My Grandma Manwaring had a room of fabric.  An entire room.  I remember my Dad poking fun at the amount of fabric she had.  It was in her basement in her second kitchen.  The room smelled like wheat and there were two fridges.  It was the best place to look for almond roca and candy bars in the fridge.  One entire wall was filled with shelves. And on those shelves was yards and yards of fabric.  I come by it naturally.  My favorite quilt was made with fabric that I inherited from her stores. 
I made these bags for a girl in my ward.  I was given the description, "she's a girly girl, anything purple and pink and you're good!". She chose the one below.

And this is the beautiful skirt for M.  I am in total love with this skirt! You can barely see them but her tights are striped with the same colors. My Mom said she looked like the wicked witch of the East, but she was adorable!
And LG has a matching one! Hers is much simpler but she's soooo cute!  
Yes, I have a problem with buying fabric.  which is why it's good that I'm selling my bags and can buy more.... because I just did! :)

3 comments:

Jen said...

So cute! Your girls are lucky that they have such a talented mom. I need a little girl so I can make her cute things.

Grace said...

the second pic of m is adorable. your girls are the cutest! I can't wait to see them again! i miss them sooo much!!!

The Montaño’s said...

Love your bags and M's skirt. Too cute. I love the barbie cake you did, I have thought about doing it, but well, Marin's b-day was 2 days after I had Macey, maybe next year I'll give it a go!