Thursday, April 16, 2009

genes

I marvel that I marvel that my kids are like my husband and I.  I mean, really, where do we THINK they came from???? I love my older girl's big wide brown Tobler eyes and I love my little girl's crinkly blue Holman ones.  I love the things that make them who they are, even when the traits we give them are not our favorite!

When M started biting her nails, I cringed, knowing she'd picked that up from me.  The other day I mentioned that to my Mom and she mentioned that she'd felt the same way when I started biting mine, but that it was from my Dad.  I had no idea he bit his nails!

Yesterday, on a long, windy road, we unfortunately discovered that M gets carsick like her daddy! Poor girl!  Luckily, she was wearing two shirts and so we survived, but it was so not fun! :(  And poor LG was demoted to the back back all by herself so M could sit farther up front and not get sick again! 

Happily, after no more sick episodes, we had a fun day trip!

3 comments:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

Why do they always seem to pick out our worst habits? and our husbands best? Don't know.

Tati said...

It is crazy realizing that they are getting things from us! What funny stories. It makes me nervous that they will pick up all my bad habits. Your girls looked so cute for Easter. I can't believe how much they have grown!

Emily said...

Poor M! Glad you got out for day trip though. How was Easter? And the boyfriend?