Thursday, April 30, 2009

I heart Barbie....

...movies!

My sister in law teased me when we got our first Barbie movie. My Mom gave us the 12 Dancing Princesses. We were hooked! She's cute, she's wholesome, she's sweet, and if you can handle the annoying animal/fantasy animal sidekicks that sometimes frequent them, they usually have pretty songs, give you a break from Disneymania and the world of Sleeping Beauty!

This was our first movie.  M loves to dance to this movie, loves to be "Geh-vee", and I love the music.
This was our most recent acquisition. I got this for M for a road trip and we were somewhat disappointed.  It's cute but I love the Barbie musicals the most and this is a story, not a musical.
Mom has this one for the grandkids and I still haven't seen it all the way through but it has the original Swan Lake ballet music which is beautiful.
I LOVE the music in this one but you have to throw out any and all ideas that Rapunzel is a story about "letting down your golden hair".  The only similarities are that she has long hair and lives in a tower and her name is Rapunzel.  That's it!
But this is my favorite one!  I love the music and it's just a fun, cute movie.
This one is one of the first so it's not as polished as the others but M still loves the "sugar crown princess" movie.
We borrowed this one from the library and it's cute but I am not a fan of the fuzzball sidekick!
We borrowed this one from friends recently and we are fans! I love the songs in this one.
Someday... we want to see the rest.  But I am embarrassed to admit all of the ones we own so we need to rent more from the library I think!







7 comments:

gpaul said...

Madi and Jex loved reading this post with me. We have the Princess and the Pauper and Pegasus. I didn't have high expectations but the kids love them. Our favorite is the Princess and the Pauper too! ha!

Marci said...

We have "The Island Princess" and the "Diamond Castle". We've checked out Mariposa, Mermaidia, and Rapunzel from the library. The first time Kayley wanted to bring one of them home I thought I would gag! It too am a guilty admirer. Brad hates the little dogs in "The Diamond Castle" though. lol!

Amy said...

We have our fair share also. My favorite is Princess and the Pauper. I often find myself singing the songs from it. good stuff.

Barb said...

Where do I go to get some for my granddaughters?? Walmart had 2, but I want the pegasus one for Reese.

Liz said...

Barb, they're often on sale at Target for 4.75 or 5 dollars a pop!

and thank you ladies for validating my showing them to my girl!

Tati said...

I think they are cute too! The girls love them!! I like how they are so sweet and kind in them. It always helps when the girls start following their example.

The Montaño’s said...

We heart Barbie too. Thankgoodness for them!