Thursday, May 7, 2009

The rain has overstayed its welcome

That's what my brother said yesterday.

This is significant for a few reasons.  First, this came from my brother who has Autism who is supposed to have a difficult time with idioms.  He's awesome.  I still remember when he had an English test where he had to fill in similes.  One of them was:
It was as soft as.... and he wrote "a pencil".  So clueless but it was so cute.
Next year, he's taking AP classes, yes, more than one.  He's amazing.

Second, it's sooooo true! I don't think I hate the rain as much as my friend does, but I'm so done with it! It's rained almost everyday for the past two weeks!
And it's ruined my plans more than once!

I blame the rain for at least fifty percent of the familial contention last Saturday! We needed space and there was not garden, pool, or yard to escape to! By the end of the day, while W and I love each other dearly, we needed to be far apart from each other!  

W had free tickets to the AA baseball team here last Tuesday. He loves baseball so he was so excited!  We had seats in the front row right at the third baseline.  It would have been so much fun.  But when we got there we watched the drizzle escalate to a steady pour and left when it started to lightning!

Yesterday was the Special Olympics.  They were canceled without hope of being rescheduled! I was so excited to go and cheer my kids at school on and do speech therapy with them while they ran their races and did their throws and jumps.  They have been practicing for MONTHS and it was all for nothing.  I feel so bad for them!
So, rain, rain go away, is somewhat of an understatement!!!

3 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

I am so sorry that the rain ruined the weekend. Hope you have a sunny one this weekend.
Love, Grandma Jan

kristin said...

all i have to say is...consider cologne:)

Admiral Joe said...

france?