Friday, May 15, 2009

King Tut!

We were determined to see King Tut!  It came to Dallas and we may not get the chance to see the treasures of King Tut's tomb again (since King Tut himself did not make an appearance-a big time bummer if you ask me, especially when he was the selling point!)

Six out of the eight of us made it!  Mom was sick and Dad had to work so W and I took M, LG, Grace and Sam with us to Dallas for a quick overnight.  We had a strict agenda!

Wake up and drive!
Take Sam and Grace to Six Flags so they could have fun (doesn't Sam look like he's having fun? :) ...
...while M, LG and I went with Dad on a trip down memory lane
well, we were actually next door to the Rangers and Cowboys stadiums so we drove by those first since neither was playing, and we couldn't keep W away!
then we drove by his childhood homes

He loved seeing where he once lived again and showing me.  After a lovely dinner and cheesecake, mmmmmmmmm, I miss that place! It's a good thing it's not nearby though! I digress.... then we slept and started our walking marathon the next day!

First stop, the Galleria! We had a few hours before our time to see the King at the museum.
Next, a scrumptious lunch at one of my favorites that I miss! They made fun of me for making so many yummy sounds during lunch!  I seriously think W and I should open up a franchise here! Arkansas NEEDS Chipotle!
Then we went to "see the King" as M put it.  Don't get me wrong, it was very very cool! There were awesome things from his tomb, just not him himself....which as you can see below, is not the image they marketed!
We had a much needed break at our friends from Minnesota who also relocated this year. It was so lovely to see them! I miss my Minnesota friends!!! Then most of us slept on the way home... some more comfortably than others! (did you know that you can sleep peacefully while covering three quarters of your nose?) :)


4 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Love it, love it. I love memory lane. I need to visit too.
Lots of great photos here on your blog. The Wareham Court house looks good. I love the feet photo but where are the little feet of LG? I feel like I made the trip too. Thanks so much. Looks like you all had a great time - even Sam!'

Heather said...

You certainly packed in a lot for just an overnighter! I miss you guys already, thanks for swinging by my way!!!

Linz said...

Could LG be any cuter?

Liz said...

thanks Linz! We happen to think not!
Heather, thanks for letting us crash there even for an hour! It was a nice break to relax, M LOVES her wall hanging, and it was fun seeing you guys and your beautiful house!