Sunday, May 17, 2009

Love is a Choice

Even while I'm writing the title, I'm singing the Rick Springfield song in my head. We are young! Heartache to heartache we stand!

sorry, moving on!

We went to a wedding yesterday in Memphis.  Yes, another road trip and Yes! we are done with road trips for a while!  I'm so sick of the car!  Of course, W is still going to Utah in two weeks to get our stuff (yay!!!!!!) so we do have more travel coming up!

I digress.

The wedding was sweet and simple.  The bride was beautiful, the cake was beautiful and tasty and we were glad we were there for them.  W has been a home teacher to these two since we moved here and basically since the bride joined the church, and so it was important to us that we be there.  

They were married in a chapel outside Memphis. The bishop shared some sweet thoughts that I appreciated. 

When we are dating, engaged and honeymooners, it's easy to love.  We live the noun love.  We have lots of love.  It's bounteous and free-flowing and passionate and quick.  And then, later after years and years of life, ups and downs, we live the verb love.  We make a conscious choice to love our partners in life.  We choose to love.  And it's more powerful.  We don't fall in and out of love.  We choose to love.  Our sacrament meeting today echoed those thoughts.  We have agency, and we are blessed when we work at that love and participate in the verb of love.  

I love my husband. I loved spending the day with just him.

No comments: