Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Eat to Live

I think I'm being humbled.
LG is nine months old. I've known for a while that I need to shape up. Literally!
I need better food and exercise habits.  And I've known I needed to start for a while.  
The thing is, I love food. I loooooove all the things I shouldn't.
cheesecake
hamburgers
onion rings
ice cream
cheese
chips
anything I shouldn't? well, then I want it!
My head keeps telling me it's time but I've been procrastinating.
Live to eat or eat to live?

So, I got the plague.
I'm being humbled, I tell you.  I have hand, foot and mouth in the worst way.  I have blisters all down one side of my tongue and up the other.  It's so painful that I talk like had my jaw wired shut and eat like it too! 
I came home from Minnesota and have been miserable ever since.  
Someday, I think I'll be able to eat again. And work again! (I had to call in sick today-I'm not sure I would have been very effective considering I teach people to speak clearly!)
And when I can eat again, I'm going to do it better.

6 comments:

Amy said...

Oh so sad. so painful. so terrible. Hope you feel better soon. My brother got that once as an adult and thought he was going to die.

Emily said...

Ack, what a bummer. Feel better, that cannot be fun. I hear ya on the food thing, but I try to live by a motto that if I eat the best I can all week long, a dessert I love or a hamburger for dinner isn't gonna hurt on one weekend day - and because it's a treat, I don't go overboard. But potato chips? I'm helpless. Good luck!

Grandma Jan said...

I am so sorry. Have you tired Lysine? It works for me whenever I have mouth ulcers.

Hope you are better soon. What a crazy month! Your trip here was stressful, I'm sure and the road trip not fun - but we are so happy you could come and help.

The townhouse is looking good and garage sale is this weekend so things are going good. Thanks again for coming to our rescue.

Love,
G Jan

Halley said...

That sounds AWFUL! I hope you feel better soon! It was so wonderful to see you too! LG is getting so big! You have such cute girls!!!

Seriously, please get better. :)

Heather said...

Eeek, I hear that is extremely contagious so no kissing your babies!! Erin Payne and I are going to start exchanging our healthy vegetarian recipes, do you want in on that too? I'm happy you want to start taking care of you, that's a good thing for your girls to see.

Marci said...

Thought sounds absolutely wretched! I hope that you are able to get better really soon.