Saturday, October 15, 2011

road trippin'

I hit a deer outside of Bella Vista at midnight.  holy crap, that was scary! The car is fine, we are fine. Not so sure about the deer, but we kept driving until we could find a gas station to check out the car. 

Hands down best part of the trip? Lu needing to go use the potty in the middle of nowhere-super windy-Iowa! What did we do? Pulled over at the state patrol office, pulled out the mini potty, sat her down, covered her with a blanket, and stood around her to block the wind.  I so wished I'd taken a pic of this choice moment!

And now we are off to have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Emily Larkin said...

hmmm yes, that is a constant danger in Bella Vista. I have hit one myself and had to slow down for another yesterday morning. Glad everyone is alright. Good luck in Minnesota I know things didn't turn out the way you had hoped, but I do envy the peace of mind you will now have.

Grace said...

ooh, scary!!
really funny about the potty-time. Good for you to do it though!! :) I would've hated to not have a potty for that...
I can't see your pictures...