Thursday, December 22, 2011

What We Do at Christmas

We went to Garvan Gardens for the first time last year. It is our destination for this evening. We wanted to repeat this fun adventure and see the incredible light display!
Every Christmas, we break out a new puzzle. Some are done in a few hours, this one wasn't done until after new year's. I finally finished it during the snow last January, laaaaaate one night!
We add new ornaments each year. This year's is from Branson.  Big Ben is courtesy of our honeymoon trip to London, EIGHT years ago! We also added a few vintage ornaments from W's grandma. I love them! 
We try to keep up with our advent calendars! We've done well this year and are only a day behind! ;) This is a hand me down from my mother. I loved this  calendar where the bear searches around the house for Christmas. I was so excited when she passed it along to me!
Then on Christmas Eve....
we feed the kids a fun dinner
we re-enact the natvity
we make cookies for Santa 
we get new jammies for Christmas
and then we put the kids to bed
and eat a grown up meal of crab legs, artichokes, shrimp, rolls, seven layer jello and this year... creme brulee! 

Merry Christmas! Enjoy your family's traditions as we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ

2 comments:

Spencer Family said...

Love your christmas traditions! We had that same bear advent calendar growing up. Fun!

Heather said...

Did I know you went to London for your honeymoon?? How fun! Danny wants to take me there, he thinks I'd fit it (whatever that means). Love all the photos! In case I don't "talk" to you on Words before the weekend festivities, I sincerely wish your family a very Merry Christmas and a Wonderful New Year!!