Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Denver Temple


The last day of our vacation, we visited the Denver Temple.
It took fifteen minutes to get there! (cue Hallelujah chorus!)
It is a larger temple, so we were able to walk in unannounced and ask to do a shorter session so that we could trade off watching the girls outside.
I went second, and was welcomed by the sweetest ladies, one of which had a friend on a mission in Arkansas! She was so excited to meet an Arkansan!!
I was so overwhelmed by emotions the entire time I was there.
It has been too long since I was able to sit there and be reminded by of all the blessings and promises in store as a daughter of my Heavenly Father.
I was overwhelmed by the love my Heavenly Father has for me.
And each one of us.
It was almost hard to remember that I was there to serve.
I was able to relate some of my feelings with Aunt Sue that evening, another blessing.
It was exactly what I had needed this month, this vacation, this year.
It was the perfect end to our vacation.

No comments: