Monday, April 16, 2007

shhhh! baby sleeping!

I have gotten nothing done today! That's not true, I made my first trip of the week to Target (yes, we go more than once a week, I love Target!) and I have started some laundry and I've gotten through a big chunk of the book I'm reading, but my kitchen is a mess. I tried to start doing dishes and it woke the baby up. I cringed!

I swore I wouldn't be one of those moms and now I'm eating my words. My coworker calls it eating crow. Not sure why. I used to roll my eyes when I'd see a house with a sign asking them to not ring the doorbell. I thought it was ridiculous to make the whole house quiet for the baby to sleep. And when M was younger, it was easy to be proud that i wasn't doing that! M has always been a good napper. She used to nap four times a day when she was a baby! Four, one hour naps! I loved it! And I thought I was training her to ignore the sounds of the house. I vacuumed while she slept, talked on the phone, cleaned, everything and she always slept through it. But somewhere along the line, we fell off the bandwagon. I started cherishing her naptime as it slowly has slipped away into less naps and sometimes shorter naps. and now we're here! I keep the house silent while she sleeps, we hid in the basement on Saturday because Dad's deeper voice is even more disturbing to her for some reason, and now I'm frustrated that her nap got cut short by my emptying the silverware holder in the dishwasher. Argh!

3 comments:

Linz said...

I'm with you on Target. I think I go there 3 times a week.

Liz said...

yes, sadly, during the winter, I go and walk around, don't buy anything, but just walk around so I can say I dared to leave the house despite the cold!

Liz said...

...on a daily basis!