Thursday, June 12, 2008

My Tiny Gymnast

I don't remember M moving this much in the womb! I take it back. She moved plenty, but she was more gentle! This girl's got a fierce kick! She's still breech as well so the kicks are straight to the groin and bladder-something else I'm not familiar with. I sit at night and just feel her gyrating all over all evening long! I know I'm paranoid but it made me nervous that the cord would get around her neck during one of her somersaults-of which there have been plenty, I assure you! It is still fun and reassuring, but this feels so different! I hope she sleeps sometime! :)

With all our stuff in storage, I tried to pack the newborn stuff so carefully so we'd have easy access to it. I have the clothes and I know where the carseat and bouncer and pump and bjorn are in the storage unit. It's been kind of funny to figure out the things that I didn't think to have easy access to though!
blankets-duh!!! luckily, we still have plenty and have been given a few already and we had sooooo many last time that we'll be fine
pacifiers-i probably needed new ones that wouldn't be gross and sticky anyway
burp rags-another duh!!! I thought I was missing the bibs and burp rags but found the bibs at the bottom of the newborn clothes bin luckily!
baby sheets and towels-we don't have any of the super soft towels accessible but luckily I did bring a sheet or two, just not enough if she pees on the bed every night! :)
the wonderful gift card that my coworkers gave me for a baby swing-argh!! this one is bugging me because they gave it to me especially for this but it's buried in a box with the frame they gave me! I'm still trying to convince myself that I will spend that much on diapers so it's okay to just buy the swing and then use the gift card on supplies later. but like i said, I'm still trying to convince myself of this one! :)
I'm sure there's more. It's just funny to me the things I was so careful about and the things I totally forgot!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just buy the swing...you will spend plenty on the baby once you find the card (either that or something fun for yourself- I draw the line on using it for cleaning supplies!)

Ali