Friday, June 12, 2009

Fabulous Finds from Moving!

There have to be pluses in the wretched process that is called moving.  

1. the camera charger! we may actually have pictures on the blog again that aren't hijacked from my sister's computer!

2. I actually have eight place settings of china, not seven! Amazing what happens when you open that last box from Marshall Field's five and a half years after your wedding!

3. my temple bag! I can actually participate in a session at the Temple now that I have my special temple clothes back!

4. shoes, glorious shoes! I had several of my favorites in storage because they were the wrong season when I packed them and little did I know I wouldn't see them again for over a year!

5. cherries! I'm kind of a cherry nut.  My whole kitchen is cherries and it was like seeing old friends as I got out my cannisters, towels, napkin holder, placements, wall hangings and just about anything else you can picture with cherries plastered on it!

...but nothing can top sleeping in my own bed again! It is bliss!

5 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah for fun finds! Better than Christmas! I can't even remember half of what we have packed away... I'm so excited for you; and you're making me really trunky:)

Admiral Joe said...

a Cherry Nut, wouldn't that make you a pit?

rkchughes said...

No, there is seriously NOTHING good about moving. But I am glad that you found some stuff you have been missing. Sorry I have been. . .. . out of communication. Things are good. I updated my blog FINALLY. I also have a new email.

Grandma Jan said...

So good to hear that you are getting settled. Moves are not easy. We still have tons of stuff in the garage. Anyone for another garage sale? Love to the girls too. Do they like their room? Hope all is going well.
Love, Grandma Jan

Heather said...

I can't wait for you to post new pics of your place, even if it's crowded with all your "new" stuff! It's got to feel like such a relief to be in your own space again, even if it is smaller than your mom's. Miss you lady!