Tuesday, June 23, 2009

The Princess Potty Diaries, the update

Have we turned a corner???
maybe!

Several people have suggested to go naked. I haven't taken their advice yet because of convenience, but we went for it last week!
She was only allowed panties AFTER going potty and no accidents.

We also decided to hit where it really hurts.
If she has an accident, she loses her temping princesses and her dress-up.
She can't play with princesses or BE a princess. Poor girl!

We still have an accident now and then we're not nap or night trained, but she's telling US when she needs to go and I'm backing off on nagging her to go. She doesn't pee that often. I keep thinking she needs to go more often and then remember that I myself only go about three times a day. TMI?

Anyway, we're doing well and I (who am the major consistency problem, I admit!) am doing well at following through. I think that's the biggest thing. When it's gotten tough or even gone well, I'll relax a bit and then disaster follows. So we're doing better!

2 comments:

Amy said...

yay!!! Hayden has been potty trained for a year and a half and still needs a pull-up at night. No matter what we do with drinks and potty before bed, he still wakes up wet. So don't stress the night time stuff, that will come.

Grandma Jan said...

Good for you both. Best wishes for success.
Love,
G Jan