Wednesday, November 14, 2007

And why doesn't my house look like this all the time again????

Okay, so I have been working my tail off all week and weekend long to clean and declutter our house for pictures today and hopefully a buyer tomorrow! (Oh, I wish!) It's one of those things that I think-it really should be like this all the time! If only I were more disciplined! I read recently that it's a lot easier to pray when you're in a crisis. I'm feeling it! It's so easy to pray and read my scriptures when I KNOW I really need blessings right now! And it's easier to keep my house clean when I KNOW I need it to look good in case someone ever wants to come see it! :)

Since last Thursday when the realtor came over and looked at our cluttery house (the clutter is going to kill me!!!) I have (meaning we-W has been a trooper at helping me...M? Not so much! :):
-sanded, spackled, and dismantled the bathroom for painting
-painted the bathroom
-hung towel rods (thank you mom!!)
-reassembled the bathroom
-cleaned out my bedside table and cleared clutter off the top of it, my dresser and W's dresser
-cleared out piles that lurked in the corners of our bedroom
-decluttered the office
-moved the queen bed out of the office and into the garage (anyone want a queen size bed??) and moved the twin bed from the den into the office
-cleaned and cleared off the desk
-filed 10 months of paid bills and other "papers"
-decluttered the kitchen
-cleaned grime off the appliances in said kitchen
-once again cleared out the piles in the corners
-boxed up extra books in M's room, the office and living room to make the bookshelves not completely full (I still don't understand what's wrong with full bookshelves)
-cleared off the hope chest and writing desk surfaces
-vacuumed, swept and mopped from top to bottom!
-dusted from top to bottom!
-boxed up all our games :( I left out a few card games-if you know us, boxing up the games was a sad day
-boxed up all my scrapbook, craft, sewing stuff
-moved the couch in the den, moved the craft table in the den
-took out the sewing table, keyboard, sewing machine, blankets, scrapbook, craft STUFF from the den
-filled up the Suzuki with good will "crap"
-threw away/recycled TONS of papers and junk

There's more but I'm tired. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is the kind of stuff I LIVE for. I love projects! I wish I were out there so that I could help. Good luck -- you should post pictures of the house if you ever get a free second :).

Liz said...

Oh, and I would SOOO love your help, Em! I'll post the pics from the listing when he gets them up.

I feel so proud of myself! He just came and he said "it's a total turn around" and "phenomenal" and that he didn't think we could get all that done in a week! Not sure that reflects too good on my homemaking skills prior to this week but that's okay! :)

Anonymous said...

OK - this is for Emily too. Come on down and let's have some project time. Clutter, clutter, clutter.

And E - great job. I'm sure the house looks wonderful. What does M think?

G Jan

Amanda said...

Wow. I can't believe you did ALL of that in one week. Especially with a little one around!

It will totally pay off!