Wednesday, November 7, 2007

YES!

the rumors are true! We are moving to Utah! I'm so surprised. I never thought I'd move back there but we are excited and ready for a new adventure! Will has been promoted (go sweetie!) within his same company, Integra Telecom, and they currently need a supervisor in Salt Lake City so here we come! He's excited and ready to go but it's taken me a little while to come to terms with it. I spent the summer really praying for and working hard at making friends in my ward. Now that I feel like I've done that, I have now had to tell them all that I'm leaving.

Will starts his new position on January 2nd. We're meeting with a realtor tonight who we will hopefully like. I found him on the internet, searching for one of his colleages who recently sold a house up the street from us. So, we're hoping we like this guy and if we don't, we'll move on and keep searching for someone...quick! We know a lot of people who recommend their realtor who helped them BUY their house but have no input on whether they're good at SELLing a house and we need to sell it quick! In the slowest market in twenty years! So pray for our little house! and our patience!!! :) If I don't have a job by then or the house isn't sold, I'll stay behind for the time being. We're hoping not too long but we'll see. Will is going to live with my grandparents in the meantime.

Anyway, it's a great opportunity and I'm ecstatic to be near some of my family again (yay, Gracie!) but it's of course also bittersweet.

10 comments:

Clarinda said...

Wow! I'll miss seeing you at Kara's card parties, but a big move is always fun! Good luck selling your house and finding a new one in Utah. How exciting to begin a new adventure!

Claudia said...

We are excited for you and can't wait to be able to see you all more often!

Amanda said...

Wow! I was wondering if that other clue was of the salt flats... and it must have been.

Good luck selling the house!

Anonymous said...

I must say that I am definately on the bittersweet end. But, hey, I'm open to new adventures, and a trip out West a couple times a year or more will be a must for me. Our Colorado family can reap the benefits too. By the way, pass my name on for the 'Card' parties.

As for friends - think of it this way - you have made lots of friends this year and you will make many more in the new year - good for you! I sure will miss the weekly family time here in Minnesota.
Love, love, love,
Grandma Jan

Anonymous said...

I have to say I was hoping those mountains meant Colorado, but it's about a 7 hour drive to Salt Lake and my mom, Aunt Sue and I love (and road trip to) the Draper Ikea. So exciting, good luck!

Jen said...

Yay! I am so excited that you are moving back to Utah!! It will be nice to have you living just a few hours away so we can get together often! Good luck with selling your house, finding a job and moving! We wish you the best!

Linz said...

Oh my gosh! Congratulations! You'll be in my prayers!

Anonymous said...

Add our family to the really excited to have you back in Utah group! We are looking forward to having you guys around! And maybe seeing the Arkansas family a little more! Welcome!
--Barb, Karl and Laura

Liz said...

thanks for all the support guys! It's nice to know we'll be so welcomed in Utah. We're excited to be near more family even though we're leaving other family!

{irene} said...

fun!...maybe we will be neighbours someday:)