Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Chocolate Milk, anyone?

When I was pregnant with M, my nephews Christian and Everett told me that I should name the baby Lemonade! They were convinced that "Ada" was a great name for a baby! I had forgotten all about it until I was packing to move and found a card from M's first baby bracelet with her first name, Lemonade, on it.

While we were driving out here, I would read the baby name book to W so we could talk about names now that we know the gender. We definitely found a few that we like but are not settled on anything yet! I asked M what we should name her and she said promptly, "chocolate milk" (chochit meeoke)! It was funny how appropriate her name was! We apparently are specializing in drinks! I think the baby after this one should be pina colada!

M has been a little dependent lately with all these changes. She wants to be carried everywhere and fed and babied a lot. I'm trying to be tolerant but also retrain her to be a big girl. The other day she was coming down the stairs and told me she needed "up"! She couldn't come down without being carried apparently. I told her babies are carried and big girls walk down by themselves.
Me: are you a baby or a big girl?
M: big girl.
Me: then you can walk like a big girl!
M: baby.
Me: babies take naps and drink bottles and can't walk.
M: big girl
Me: then walk like a big girl!
M: no, baby. big girl baby.

Yeah, two year old logic doesn't always work!

6 comments:

Admiral Joe said...

I love the phoenetic spelling of chocolate milk. That's my favorite part.

Erin said...

Oh the joys of a toddler! :)

Linz said...

I actually really like the name Ada!

Liz said...

i do too...but not as a nickname for Lemonade! :)

Grandma Jan said...

I love the update. I love all the things M says. Does she still ask to go to Umma's House or have I been replaced?
Miss you all but it is sweetened by the reality that I will see you all next month.
Love,
G Jan

Rhonda said...

I love that conversation between you and M! Have you guys thought seriously of any names yet? Or do you keep it secret?