Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My Sister's Keeper


My eyes are still puffy from reading and crying! I have been wrapped up in Jodi Picoult's, My Sister's Keeper, for a week or so. It was recommended to me by several blogging friends and I found a copy at my Grandma's house a month ago. However, needless to say, I haven't gotten to it right away! Been a little busy!

It was a wonderful book! Fascinating and thought-provoking and with a major twist at the end that I didn't see coming. It's about a girl who was conceived so that she could donate cord blood to her older sister who has Leukemia. However, she has spent her life as a donor for her sister without ever being a part in the decision-making so she sues her parents for medical emancipation. The author swore more in her book than I was expecting, but otherwise, I really enjoyed this book. I enjoyed seeing the issue from so many different perspectives and understanding where each one of them was coming from. I loved that while, it wasn't a happy ending in the traditional sense, it was the perfect resolution and brought peace to an awful situation! Read it!!

5 comments:

Linz said...

I received this book for Christmas and really loved it.

Claire said...

I'm a huge Jodi Picoult fan... I haven't read this one though... I might have to go pick it up!!

Have you read "Nineteen Minutes"? If you have, I'd love to talk about it with you... that is a book that I just can't stop thinking about! And I read it several months ago!

Claire said...

P.S. I'm glad you guys made it to Utah ok! And I'm jealous that you got to have Noodles... I love that place. Stupid Arizona, not having Noodles. Or Panera.

Brittany said...

This is my favorite Picoult book. LOVED it!

Teriney said...

sounds good! i really need to read that tilly or tuffy book!?