Monday, July 14, 2008

5 weeks of summer!

I feel like the groundhog. There are only five more weeks of Summer!!!! Now, let's face it, I live in the desert, the summer will go on longer than that. But I have high hopes that once I'm not carrying around another person, with a band of ever-tightening elastic around my entire belly adding to the heat, that the heat will be a little easier to handle. I could be totally wrong in this but don't crush my hopes!

Grandma asks me a lot if I'm hurting. I'm obviously not hiding my discomfort well. M is noticing. She's crankier with the ever-changing lifestyle we have going right now, all the travel and Mom's increasing crankiness and listlessness. It's fun. But I'm not hurting. I'm just uncomfortable. I'm convinced that is what the last month or two or even trimester is really for. It's so that you get soooo uncomfortable and tired and cranky that you're willing to do anything, even go through labor, to make it end!

We're excited too though. I promise! :) (I just don't want to do this very pregnant in the summer thing ever ever every again! :)
I've been going through clothes and organizing and getting excited. I'm at the point where I just want to see her. I want to see what she looks like. I want to meet her personality and find out what she likes and doesn't like.

And of course, if she wants to come early, that's fine with me too. I'm not planning on it, but as long as we're back from Denver next Monday, she can come anytime after that!

1 comment:

Emily said...

The reception hall has been instructed to keep Air Conditioning on high for the entire event, so hopefully you'll still be able to have some fun - and the uncomfortableness will at least not be added to by heat. Can't wait to see you all!