Monday, January 5, 2009

Holidays

I was so bound and determined to take pictures of our parties this week but I sooo failed! So you get a picture I found from the internet and a picture from a previous party! Enjoy!

New Year's Eve, the hubby, baby, baby sister and I went to my brother's house for a sushi dinner party. It was fabulous! We rolled sushi together, snacked on treats and edamame and made some mighty tasty sushi! I love love love sushi (spicy tuna rolls are my absolute fave!) and Jake did a great job hosting. He put tables on bins low to the ground so we sat on the floor and ate a low tables and it was so fun. There were a few people there who hadn't had sushi before and we got some of them hooked! We then played catchphrase and Wii and had a good new year's!


Last night was my family's annual Dia de los Reyes party! (correct me if I got the title wrong, Ire!) It did not disappoint! We serve a bunch of tapas (Spanish appetizers) and had people bring their own favorite appetizers. Everything was so tasty! We had a large fun crowd, everyone made yummy food, Jake and Dave got their Spanish food fix, everyone missed Mike and Irene, and a good time was had by all...plus some elves cleaned up the play room before they left which was the BEST surprise of all!

This is a rosca de reyes which is a traditional sweet bread "cake" that has candied fruit on top and little plastic baby Jesus dolls hidden inside. Traditionally, whoever finds the baby in their cake gets to bring the cake the next year. Ours this year was tasty dipped in Jake's chocolate (thick hot chocolate spiced with orange zest and nutmeg-very yummy but sadly the cornstarch made funny lumps-oops!).

No comments: