Thursday, January 29, 2009

my 25

I have trouble filling these out when I'm only supposed to share six things!  

1. I'm the middle child of five and, to this day, people ask me if I'm older than my two brothers! (they say it's maturity level, but I must just look really old! :)
2. I was born the day before my Dad's birthday. 
3. I like to make stuff.  I make handbags, quilts, clothes for my girls.  
4. I am scared of sink disposals.  They are a necessary evil but I'm scared to death of chopping up my fingers. I blame my grandma.
5. I used to collect Bears.  I have a couple hundred of them.  I still get one every once in a while and I love them but most of them are in a trunk or in boxes.
6. My brother once convinced my cousin and his family that I got kicked out of college for smoking pot...really. me. 
7. I was the president of the Asian American Student Council in college.  It was fun and I had a lot of very interesting friends in college. nope, not even a bit Asian!
8. I once "trimmed" my left eyebrow in fifth grade thinking no one would notice if I just cut off a little. My plan failed miserably!
9. I have lived in Arkansas, Utah, and Minnesota twice.  I need to live in California again to complete the circle.
10. I married the first man I kissed.
11. I'm a speech therapist. 
12. Yes, I listen to people and analyze their speech.
13. In fact, I'm such a speech nerd that I like to write secret notes in IPA.
14. I used to be very humor-impaired. It took going to college to note take every joke literally.
15. My Mom says I should list that I graduated from college before both of my brothers :)
16. I broke my leg three times in the course of four months in ninth grade.
17. My husband and I own a house but we live with my parents.
18. I love music.  I used to hum all the time as a kid.
19. I have a few strange things wrong with me that don't bother me or affect me in any way but wreak havoc on my medical record.
20. I went to grad school in Minnesota, not really knowing anyone at all in the entire state (except for my parent's friends) and moving all by myself in with a complete stranger.
21. I used to write poetry in junior high and high school.  Now when I read it, it makes me laugh.
22. I have two beautiful daughters and always knew I'd have a bunch of girls.  
23. I'm scared to have another baby because of one of the things in #19
24. I have terrible balance and have never been able to skate or ski-ice, water, snow, you name it!
25. My father in law thinks I make the best pies in the world!

3 comments:

Hollie said...

You're so cute! I loved reading your list and learned a lot about you that helps me understand you better ;)

Liz said...

to respond to Travis' email and comments:
Rizzie,
I love your list. A couple comments:
#6 which brother, which cousin?
#13 I would write you a secret IPA message, but I'm only familiar
with the simple forms. Do I have them on my Mac, by the way?

So Twavis:
which brother? really? need you ask????
Joe convinced my cousin, Paul
and i don't remember the diacritics for IPA very much but a lot of it is in the fonts but i'm not sure where... i'll look!

Grandma Jan said...

You do make wonderful pies! And your daughters (my granddaughters) are the most beautiful in the whole world.
Love,
G Jan alias Flora