Thursday, October 1, 2009

I was supposed to be ORGANIZING my fabric tonight...

It was a rainy night. W had class so I told my Mom I wanted to organize my fabric at her house. I guess I need to come back later and organize! :) But I still think I was very productive!!

I've been attempting to modify a short-sleeved peasant top into a long-sleeved dress.
The prototype turned out well, I think! I want the sleeves a bit longer and the dress a bit longer (not planning on the ruffle but needed more length)
The posing is somewhat necessary (as evidenced by the goofy grin in the first photo)
I try to let my wonderful babysitters know how much I love and appreciate the care they give to my girls.

This is for my Mom. Everyone needs a fall bag, right??? :)
And this is a free pattern I got online. My first attempt. I love the fabrics and I'm hoping my other babysitter does too!!

ps-I hemmed the dress, made the ruffle and hemmed the sleeves tonight. I attached the handles and sewed closed the seams on the pumpkin bag and made the bottom purse by scratch tonight. I just didn't want you thinking I did all of this from scratch tonight. I'm not superhuman.

3 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Love all the photos of M. She is quite the model lately - have her keep it up:)
I love the bag and purse. And yes you ARE superhuman!
Love and Hugs,
G Jan

Grace said...

I love them all! that's my kind of organizing!!! :)

Laura said...

I love that last purse. Way cute pattern!