Sunday, October 4, 2009

Mourning

I explained death to my daughter today.
She wanted to know what happened to her grandpa in Minnesota.
I'm not sure how much she got but she's still young.

My husband's Grandpa Bob passed yesterday.
We are very sad. We've all been a bit emotional today.
At the same time, we are grateful for the excuse to visit family. Thankful for the excuse to gather, mourn and love.

I am thankful for eternal families.
I am thankful that I know that I can be with my husband and children forever and I want that for everyone.
When my own grandpa died last year, I was saddened but so grateful to have that knowledge.
That we can be with our loved ones again.

1 comment:

Emily said...

I just sent you an email, should. Beautiful tribute to life - and life everlasting. Thinking of you guys, remembering fun times with Grandpa when W was in Denver after his mission - we love you!