Monday, October 5, 2009

yoga

I have always been intimidated by yoga.
I have never considered myself athletic or flexible and therefore thought it wasn't for me.

My friend is learning to be an instructor and had a class at her house tonight.
It was perfect for me.
She is totally not intimidating.
She is warm and friendly and sweet.
There were only three of us learners and two of us were first-timers.
One was a stranger and the other was a good friend.
Perfect for me.

My friend did a wonderful job of encouraging and prompting and helping us to focus and meditate.
I have turned into a worrier of late. I desperately needed the solitude, the relaxation, the stress relief.

And I loved it. I'm a little nervous about how sore my hips are and how it will feel in the morning :) but I still loved it.