Saturday, February 20, 2010

Reading Rut

Remember when I was reading a book a week?
I do.
I'm apparently at the sewing part of my hobby cycle.
I reserved all these wonderful books, highly recommended from fellow readers, and I can't get into a single one. And I haven't even tried with two!




I am in a fluff phase. I need a fluffy book that doesn't make me think. Until then, I will keep sewing. And try to remember these lovely gems so I can read them later...when I'm back to my mature reading mode!

5 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Keep up the sewing. You do beautiful work.
I'm between books currently but I've started several. I try to log into Good Reads twice a month and keep track there. My sister C just finished "More" which sounds good. I need to get a copy reserved at the library.

Emily said...

Friday Night Knitting Club was pure fluff in my memory - have you tried that one or is it one of the ones you haven't started?

Liz said...

totally didn't try the friday night knitting club...maybe i should keep it on emore day!

The Montaño’s said...

Total Fluff, Try something borrowed. But, some great reads are The Help and Pope Joan! Or if you want complete teenager fluff, try the Mortal Instruments Trilogy, starting with City of Bones!!

jenny said...

I totally hear you on the sewing/crafting rut. I a sitting on (literally) the cape fabric that hasn't even been touched while next to me sit the pieces of 2 tiered skirts that are half done, and behind me is the mound of leftovers/scrap fabric and the huge tupperware to organize them into. Did I mention my knitting/crocheting bag is also on the floor with a 1/3 finished hat in it? As for books...totally NON Fluff reading that I just finished and loved was Three Cups of Tea. I am in the middle of the sequel, Stones into Schools. The author is one of my new heroes. Good luck sewing and reading!