Wednesday, May 16, 2007

gifts

For Mother's Day, W and M gave me a gift card to Home Depot. I was ecstatic because that means flowers or light fixtures or weed whackers or all sorts of fun things!

Some of the best Mother's Day gifts though, are from my Mom herself:

a love of music, singing, humming!, musicals, Julie Andrews
craftiness! not scheming, but crochet, sewing, cross stitch, making pretty things for your home and for other people
a tender heart and leaky tear ducts (that's probably from my Dad too)
restless legs
a love of good food
guilt over the results of all the indulgent good food
brown eyes and hair
collecting... her collections: boxes, santas, baskets, lladro, dishes
my collections: bears, shoes, lip gloss, cherries
how to fold laundry nicely and roll garments
laughing, i'd like to say I laugh as much as her but really, it's just that she and my sister and i sound alike!
minimalist makeup...makeup for me is a Sunday affair
a love for pianos even though we're not great pianists
"You can't leave Target without buying SOMEthing, right?"
love of flowers, road trips, national monuments, scenic routes
unconditional love
and a very strong homing beacon!

I get to go home in one week!!!!!! Woo hoo!!!!!!!!

No comments: