Friday, May 11, 2007

Is she walking yet?

No! So stop asking!

M is 15 months old and I think she's brilliant! It's my job to think so! She's a thinker and a talker and such a good communicator so there's not much left over for gross motor skills, okay? My DH and I were not early walkers so it doesn't bother me that she's not walking yet. What does bother me is that it seems to bother everyone else. They ask if she's walking yet and when I say "not yet. she will when she's ready" they give me their worried look, like something's wrong with her! People! She gets into way less mischief this way, she is doing everything but letting go and walking, she is FINE!!! Do I sound defensive? :) When she was younger, it was always, "she's so skinny!" Can't babies just be perfect, just the way they are?

When I say she's a thinker, I mean she problem solves. When she was learning to crawl, she would study it and watch other babies crawl but never experiment herself. Then one evening, she tried it and an hour later she was a pro! I predict her walking will be much the same way.

She pulls up, stands by herself, cruises, climbs, goes from sitting to standing without assistance or holding on, she's practically walking, she just hasn't let go yet. When she's ready, she will. And I promise, I'll let you know when it happens!


okay, so this pic has nothing to do with the post, but she's still cute!

2 comments:

Linz said...

I had to read this post when you mentioned it on S&S. I'm with you sistah! Wish I was seeing that cutie grow up in person. She's a doll.

Liz said...

I totally agree! Vi looks so fun right now! She's at such a fun age and it only gets better!!