Wednesday, May 9, 2007

60 day challenge

It was supposed to be a 90 day challenge from April to June but I didn't get my act together until Sunday. Our stake encourages everyone to read the scriptures for 30 minutes a day. I find this very daunting and scripture study has always been a weak point in our marriage. We're really good at it for a few days and then bad at it for a week and so on. I used to be so faithful at my reading in college. I think I thought I needed it more then. Silly me! So, our ward decided to step it up a notch and encourage everyone to accomplish the stake challenge for 90 days straight and make sure we're in the Book of Mormon for at least half that time. So, I made a chart and decided even though it's a third done, I'm going to do it for the rest of the time. I have read for three days straight now. It's not much...yet, but it's amazing how those small and simple things make a difference in my attitude and how I'm feeling. And, plus, I'm a sucker for coloring in squares to show what a good job I'm doing! :)

No comments: