Wednesday, September 10, 2008

life raft

I had a dream last night.  I was out in a boat on the ocean and a storm was blowing in.  A large life raft suddenly appeared with friends of mine in it.  They invited me to join them and stay safe in their raft with them during the storm.  Huge waves came up and all of a sudden we were holding on for dear life and rising way up into the waves and crashing down violently.  One particular wave, we were riding and ended up perpendicular to the water and we knew that we were going to crash down hard and go way under water.  My friend's husband who was in charge of the raft told us all to hang on and hold our breath and that we would all be fine.  I so did not feel fine.  See, I don't do well under water. I love being in the water but I can't hold my breath without holding my nose and I can't dive into water.  So I had to decide whether to hold on with two hands to the raft or hold my nose as we went under.  I was scared but I remember being calm.  As we went under, I didn't have a problem with holding my breath.  I could see, and I was calm and I could even breathe.  Someone was breathing for me.  

I think I'm on that life raft right now.  And it's crashing down toward the water and I'm scared of going under the water.  I would like to believe that if I just hold on and hold my breath, it will be okay and someone will breathe for me, but that doesn't come easy for me.  So for now, I'm just trying to remember to hold on.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Hey me too! I almost felt like letting go today. Hang in there. Whatever it is, you can handle this.

Linz said...

Is everything okay, Liz?

Halley said...

What a dream Liz! I hope you are O.K. I am thinking about you. :)

Liz said...

thanks, we're fine. our house is just very overwhelmed and stressed out right now with lots of big changes.

Halley said...

I can't imagine the sheer stress you are feeling. I hope it eases up soon for you. I forgot to answer your question about my new calling *drum roll*. I am a primary teacher now for the 10-11 year-old girls.