Monday, September 15, 2008

my bday weekend!

First off, I still have no software, so I downloaded the pictures, but can't rotate them.  So turn your heads and enjoy! :)
Grandma Betty, M, LG and I spent Friday at the Utah State Fair!  It was a lot of fun!  M LOVED all the animals and so did the rest of us.  It's about 1/2 the size of the Minnesota State Fair but still a lot of fun. M surprised me (she's kind of a scaredy cat) by asking to ride the pony and she did great!!!  She was done before she had to be but she was so excited riding on the horse and so cute about it!
Grandma LOVES merry-go-rounds and once again M surprised me.  Last time I took her on one, she was scared but this time, she was obviously old enough and loved it as much as Grandma.  They even went again!!
LG was a perfect princess all day of course. She spent much of the day in the carrier and got a break in the stroller so she could look around for a bit.  Nursing in public was an adventure-she and I don't quite have our routine down to be modest in public- but we survived.
LG made her church debut on Sunday!  She was a hit!  Everyone of course agreed that she was cute and perfect and such a good baby!
For dinner, Grandma totally spoiled me!  I made a request for Lemon Italian Chicken and then W helped her fill in the gaps of what else I'd like. Grandma made her fabulous rolls and a homemade chocolate cheesecake with raspberry topping that was AMAZING!!!!!  We had Jeff, Katie and Ashton over for dinner and Laura joined us for dessert. It was lovely.  

Saturday we don't have pictures of, but my husband treated me to a yummy dinner and bought me some jeans (my pre-prego ones are in cognito, probably floating around a storage unit somewhere) 29 doesn't feel that much older than 28 but it sure sounds closer to 30!  

9 comments:

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marci said...

It sounds like you had a great weekend. :D

Laurie and Ben said...

Happy Birthday Elizabeth!

Laurie H

Emily said...

Looks like a fun weekend! Happy birthday!

Heather said...

If I had my act together you would have received a card in the mail, but I don't yet, sorry!!! I love you and wish you the best last year in your 20's, Happy Birthday!!!! You look great and so do the girls. P.S. Rachel has that exact outfit Megan was wearing at the fair. And I think I recognise the other outfit from The Childrens Place?? We must shop all the same stores! Rachel still thinks Megan is her when she sees her in these pics, pretty funny.

Claudia said...

Looks like you had a great Birthday! M looks so cute on the carousel with her Great Grandma :o)

Grandma Jan said...

Lovely pictures.
The girls are so adorable. We don't mind at all if they are sideway.
Glad you had some fun celebrating. M is getting to be such a big girl. Those two are such adorable little princesses.
Love,
G Jan

Grace said...

that's so cute! I love all the pics. Megan's face in the one with the cake is funny and the one of lucy in the stroller is very cute! I love you guys!

Liz said...

yeah, M's face is priceless!
thanks guys!