Sunday, November 16, 2008

Treasure Hunt

I had a lot of fun with fabric stores in Utah. Probably too much... we won't go into that though.
When I moved here, my Mom said the best she'd found without crossing the river and driving 40 minutes was Hobby Lobby and WalMart. Which, don't get me wrong, have wonderful fabrics and are great for a great deal!
However, I also love love love the geniuses at Moda, Michael Miller, Heather Bailey, Sandi Henderson, and Amy Butler to name a few.  And you can't get them at Hobby Lobby. So I have branched out on some field trips.
First, I ventured out to the country to Pinwheel Fabrics.  It was like coming home!  
Then yesterday, I searched out the Stitchin' Post.  
I highly recommend a field trip of your own if you're in the neighborhood!

Here are my latest treasures! 
Sandi Henderson's Farmer's Market



Moda's Charisma





I have bags to make!!!
And I sold four! They didn't sell at the craft fair, but my mother and I took them to a shower and came home empty handed with a custom order as well! woo hoo!!! Next stop, Etsy.com!

7 comments:

Grandma Jan said...

Beautiful fabric. It reminds me of scrapbook paper. Have fun making more bags. Post your creations, I'd love to see what you make.
Love,
G Jan

Amanda said...

No way! That is awesome fabric and even more awesome that you sold 4. So what is your selling price? I have been making a few things and have considered selling on etsy, too.

Claire said...

Beautiful fabrics!!! You and Amanda both need to hurry and open Etsy shops!! I want to see the goods... and hopefully buy some!

Grace said...

cute! they're going to be adorable bags!

kristin said...

oh I am sooooo with you! I actually ventured out last week to Stitchin Post and Blossom Quiltworks (Sherwood). I was blown away to find the designers I had only been able to find on the internet!!! We should go out together sometime. I haven't been to Pinwheel yet but it is on my hit list!!! I love love love all of the prints by Heather Bailey, Amy Butler, Sandi Henderson...have you searched Alexander Henry?

kristin said...

oh and I am drooling over Moda Recess, it has a true retro feel...I'm sorry I've just been so excited about my discoveries and no one to share it with:) (shane doesn't really care)
By the way, glad you're coming to Twilight!!!!

Liz said...

Kristin, I would LOVE to go shopping with another Moda addict!! Especially if you haven't been out to Pinwheel yet! I have some Alexander Henry as well-he should be on my list too!!

Amanda, I sold the basic ones for 20 and the more complicated ones with more piecing and quilting for 25 or 30. I'm not exactly sure what I'll do for etsy though.