Monday, March 9, 2009

Unfriended

I'm having a pity party for myself.

I think I'm a friendly person.  

I'm easily intimidated by others and I am intimidating (so they say) to some others.  So I still have to work on being better at this.

I am trying to be a better listener.

I'm trying to keep in touch, especially since we moved twice in the last year!

but I still don't think I deserved to be "unfriended". cause yes, some people do notice and yes, they will be insulted.  

so, if you're on the list that thinks I've been a crappy friend, please be patient with me.  because I really am working on it.

5 comments:

Linz said...

Does that mean like on Facebook or something?

I think you're a great friend!

Emily said...

Being "unfriended" is no fun...but I'd try not to sweat it. Facebook is just Facebook, and real life is so much more important - and generally when friendships fade in real life it's a mutual effort (or lack of effort). Hang in there!

Emily said...

I reread my comment and it didn't make sense, so here's part 2.Just to clarify that statement - friendships in real life fade more naturally - not with the click of a button. I'm partial to real life.

Heather said...

Now I'm curious, did someone "unfriend" you on Facebook? Does a notification get sent to you if you were "unfriended" by someone on Facebook? I know you are super busy and it's a lot of fun being back with all your family so I think I'm being pretty patient with you, if not, let me know and I'll try to be better at that. We should schedule an afternoon together and meet half way one day!

Liz said...

Linz, thank you!
Em, that's a good reminder.
Heather, we should definitely meet in the middle! In fact, we really want to come to Dallas this spring to see King Tut so if we do, we definitely need to find a time to get together!! You don't get a notification about being unfriended. unless you happen to click on your friend's profile and mysteriously can't....that's when the bad feelings about your worth as a friend come into question. :)

oh well. obviously i need to spend my time on other relationships then.