Wednesday, July 22, 2009

my other sweet girl

The other day, she got into the pool like this. She dipped her hair in the water to be like Ariel and actually let me swim with her. (lately she just wants to stay in the shallow end and play by herself)

Then she took off the goggles and said, "I don't need these buggles anymore!"
Me: what did you call them?
M: buggles! buggles to see in the water!

I gotta get me some buggles! :)
This was W and M on the back porch last Sunday during their chat. I'm thankful for my sweet man who knew I needed a break and enjoyed a quiet chat with his daughter.

4 comments:

Emily said...

I think buggles perfectly describes goggles - I have many a swim team pictures with me looking exactly like a bug wearing those.

Love the photo of W and M - I'm a daddy's girl - when the world was just too chaotic with my older siblings, my dad's shoulder, the crook of his arm and football were my answer. And loving W's socks with sandals :)

Emily said...

Oh, and those woods behind your new place look like an awesome place to cool down (maybe? is it too humid to cool down even in the shade?) I miss trees like that living in new treeless suburbia.

Liz said...

are you kidding? he wears his Sunday socks after church with shorts and sandals! oh yeah, baby! :)

the woods are beautiful but a bit swampy so maybe in the fall when it's less rainy we'll explore them more!!

Grandma Jan said...

Just a quick visit in to see your blog. I needed an M update day. Love to all. Grandma Jan