Sunday, July 12, 2009

Rave Reviews!

It's been a while since I shared my diamonds in the rough with you.
So, without further adieu,
1. Leven Thumps! I am loving this series! I've read the first two, they are creative and fun and different but magical and scratch my "I miss Harry Potter" itch!
2. And if that didn't do it, the fourth installment of Fablehaven is helping this series turn into one of my very favorites! I love these books and I'm at the edge of my seat waiting for the conclusion now!
3. On a whole 'nother level, another new fave at our house comes directly from the bagged cereal section! Blueberry muffin tops are delicious!!! LG is an even bigger fan than I am and will ignore her cheerios but kick and squeal and slam her highchair tray (=the sign for more in her book) until she gets 'em! They're a blueberry spin on cinnamon toast crunch and everyone out there should try 'em!
4. And to round out our reviews, three movies! We rented Australia from the red box last night and while I thought it was one of those movies that could have ended several times before it did, it was still enjoyable. And yes, Hugh Jackman was hot.
Up! is Fantastic! M was a doll and sat so well with her cute 3D glasses on the whole time and we just loved this show! It was a truly pleasant surprise!

and finally yes, the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2. I had heard it was not worth seeing. However, I enjoyed the books and figured it was worth a $1 redbox splurge and it was! I guess when you're expecting a terrible movie, it's easier to enjoy but I thought it was great.
Stay tuned for your next installment!

No comments: