Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Mormon Mecca

In less than a week, we leave for Utah!!!!! I'm so stinkin' excited! I haven't been to Utah in almost three years, since my friend Megan's wedding! It used to be so common and frequent that we went to Utah, but now that I've been in Minnesota for a few years, and especially since Mom and Dad and the boys are in Arkansas, I just don't get out there as much. I moved away almost five years ago. That's a scary fact for two reasons: one, it means I've been out of college for five years, and two, fact number one makes me old!!!

The reason for this grand occasion? Grandpa Tobler turned 80 in January! And so we all get to tromp out to Utah to celebrate and have a reunion in March (everyone thinks that's weird-you're having a family reunion in March???) and celebrate our Toblerness! Like I said, just a little excited!

I get to meet up with friends that I haven't seen since I moved five years ago! I get to show off a sweet husband and a super-cute daughter! What more fun than that! :) We're going to have dinner with my old room mates: Jenny, Christa and Melissa! I haven't seen Melissa since she went on her mission and now she's married, I haven't seen Christa since I moved which means I haven't seen either of her two kids. Too long! We're also having dinner with my college COMD friends: Jen, Alisha and Megan and hopefully a few more! I haven't seen any of their kids either so it will be two evenings of noisy chatting with crazy toddlers running everywhere and I can't wait!!!

For the reunion, we're having a party for Grandpa, a talent show (still have to figure that one out), we're singing in Grandma and Grandpa's ward, going to the temple together and having a family dinner and fireside. I'm excited. This is our spring trip to see my family so I can't wait to see them, but I'm also excited to see all my cousins and everyone who I don't get to see that often!

And we're stocking up on underwear!!!!!!! :)

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so excited that you are coming as well! Last time I 'saw' you was Christmas 2005 via web cam when you were pregnant, and your fam was visiting my fam! And not including web cam, the last fam reunion at Mt Air I believe! YOu weren't even married yet! This will be a fun weekend!!!

Liz said...

two years ago??? that's just sad! we're excited and we're coming...kidney stone or not!