Monday, March 5, 2007

My Hopeful Dream


Saturday night I had a dream. I went to bed still mulling over my plans for singing time at church and not surprisingly, the EP ward primary was in my dreams. It was beautiful! I was introducing "I'm Trying to be Like Jesus" for the first time and even the little guys in Junior primary were singing along! And then, during the chorus "Love one another as Jesus loves you. Try to show kindness in all that you do..." they all stood up and started signing to the song! They took the sign language they knew for "Love One Another" and changed it to fit the chorus and it was great! I was so impressed at how smart they were. They were so reverent and attentive and I woke up so excited for primary, but also chuckling...now back to reality.

So, all the kids had snow days on Thursday and Friday. Basically their energy levels were somewhere in the range of the Halloween sugar high energy levels times oh, 10!!! They were all bouncing off the ceiling!! They were noisy and no matter what I did, I couldn't get them to slow down! I was trying to be fun and they'd sing the verse to the song, and then erupt in talking and yelling. But hey, I didn't go home crying! Although, when I told my DH about it, he (having just left primary this last fall) told me all the ways the last chorister kept their crazy antics from even happening...so helpful! :) Someday I'll get this right! Luckily, in the meantime, I've been blessed to love these kids like crazy!

1 comment: