Saturday, March 31, 2007

No cats for us!


When I was in high school, my best friend Tiff and I swore to each other that if we never got married, we'd get a house and a bunch of cats and be weird cat ladies. This was problematic on several levels including the fact that we both hate cats, but luckily it will never come true! She went on a mission and found someone wonderful, and I went to grad school and found someone wonderful and we got married within two months of each other. Now she lives in NM and I'm in Minnesota so we figured it would be YEARS before we saw each other!

So the stars were definitely aligned in that we were both in Utah the same week!!!! I was so excited! It has been three years since we've seen each other and I miss this woman so much! The phone is just not the same. Plus, we were pregnant near the same time-her little one is five months old and M is 14 months old.

So we got to visit at lunch with my family and later in the afternoon at her parents' house. We even ran into each other running errands. In a perfect world, that is how it would be-seeing her out in town. But until we're both stinkin' rich, we have to live with these rare chances to catch up, give each other big hugs and be so thankful that it feels the same when we're together-she's still my favorite!

No comments: