Tuesday, March 20, 2007

My Autobiography

Someday I'm going to write a really boring book. And it will be all about the weird and mundane medical maladies that are my life! On the whole it will be a quiet life story with a few twists and turns with weird medical mysteries and an extra heavy dose of common things too to spice it up!

The latest?

My friend calls me an overachiever. I can't just get a kidney stone. I have to get a kidney stone that's big enough that it's stuck, well, inside, and they have to go in and get it for me. And it can't happen when life is boring, it has to happen four days before we're supposed to leave on a road trip!!!!!! I have had pain for several months off and on since Christmas. The latest diagnosis was an abdominal infection...only to find out last Friday that it's really a big kidney stone that is stuck and we have to get it out. He was going to let me go on my vacation but I had to get it out right after that. And if I had any pain, I was to go to a hospital immediately so my kidneys didn't get damaged. Fast forward to Sunday night, quiet night at the inlaws, cute movie, and near the end? Increasing pain in my left side!!! I was more upset than anything that it might be ruining my much-anticipated vacation, but by midnight, this was serious pain and we were in the ER, awaiting a new CT scan.

So...I'll spare the details and say that I had a minor procedure yesterday and am home resting today, hoping that I feel good enought to travel on Thursday! We are going if it kills me! That will be an exciting end to my book! (Sorry to be so pessimistic)

4 comments:

stacibee said...

I'm so sorry!! I hope you get feeling better soon!!

Liz said...

thank you! me too! I was feeling great until all my lunch just came up!

Em McD said...

Liz, I'm so sorry to hear that you're sick and that we won't get to see you in Denver. But best of luck with your recovery, and we will see you and meet Miss M soon...the Denver crew just might have to come to MN!

Linz said...

oh my goodness. I've heard about the pain of kidney stones and I'm just so sorry and hope you recover quickly.