Sunday, June 17, 2007

I'm Proud of You


I have a pretty wonderful Dad. To some people, he's scary and intimidating and doesn't smile. To those who know better, though, he's funny and warm and loves to give hugs and is mush inside. I have worked hard my whole life to hear four words that he says to me every time I leave to go home. "I'm proud of you." When I would leave home to go back to Logan, I would always wait to hear those words. When I send really long wordy emails and only get eight words in return, I'm okay with it because it's usually "I'm proud of you. I love you. Dad". When all of us kids are home, we often have family home evenings or devotionals. My Dad is one of those Dads who cries. He gets emotional when moved by the Spirit or when talking about his kids and grandkids. It is so evident that he loves each one of us and is proud of each one of us. He has always inspired me to work harder at school and to be a better wife and Mom. He encourages me to always do better, but he also makes sure I know he loves me. And I'm proud of him too.

No comments: