Tuesday, October 30, 2007

My Halloween Memories!

When I was a teenager, we would rent old movies like Abbott and Costello. My Mom would make yummy Pumpkin Soup and Dad would order pizza because he doesn't like Pumpkin Soup! I would sit on the front porch in the chilly Utah air and make teenagers who are too old for trick-or-treat sing for their candy. I remember taking my little brother and sister around the neighborhood. I would hang signs on the door telling them to go away after we had exhausted our bags and bags of candy! I always wanted to be a clown when I was in elementary school. I'm apparently not one of those people who are scared of clowns-but I'm apparently not that creative with costumes. We have years of pictures of me in the clown suit over and over and over.

Funny how I don't remember much trick-or-treating myself. It was always more fun to watch Sam and Gracie do it!

Now, I like to make Pumpkin Soup myself. I like to carve pumpkins with my sweetie and hand out candy to the ten kids who come to our house :) and this year I'll take my own little girl to a few neighbors' houses even though she's totally freaked out by the whole concept! :) I'll make pumpkin bars (yes, I'll post the recipe, Jen!) and I'll tell my mind to calm down...it has way too much to think about right now!

No comments: