Monday, October 1, 2007

The Thirteenth Tale


This was a compelling, suspenseful, engrossing book that anyone who loves to read will be wrapped up in. It was exciting, sometimes grotesque, fascinating, surprising, and I really enjoyed it. It was about the true life story of a mysterious author who had kept her life beginnings secret for years. It was full of twists and turns. Some of them predictable, some of them not. In the movie that played in my mind of what I was reading, I kept imagining a Tim Burton-esque, Edward Scissorhands, Series of Unfortunate Events-type setting with dark colors and strange characters. But very interesting!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad that you enjoyed this book too. I also thought it was a great read!'
Have you read 'Water for Elephants'? A well written story about life on a circus train during the depression - fiction, but the characters are wonderful and the story flows well from today to the past and back.

It should be the next book on your list. It is also a great book club read.

G Jan