Saturday, February 2, 2008

30 Reasons


My sweet W turns 30 today! Happy birthday tweetie!
I'm so thankful that you are a part of my life.

I am in love with many different things that make you, you.

Your smile
Your eyes
How you use kisses as punishment
Your service-you help everyone-at church, at work, at home
How hard you work for our family
You freely admit that you have no fashion sense so you let me buy your clothes and you like to dress to make me proud
How excited you are to take care of our home-shoveling, mowing
Your love of the Gospel
Your love for the temple
Your unwavering faith
How you can’t not touch!
The massive amount of hair on your head that I hope our kids inherit
You know everything! You have an answer to any trivia question
You don’t know how to fix things around the house but you want to know and even though it makes you crazy to learn and struggle through it, you are slowly learning how to fix things
Your tender love of our little girl-how you love to kiss and play with and hold and hug her and how story time is for Daddy
The excitement with which you have approached parenthood-even the gross, yucky parts
I live in constant amazement that you still love me, even with my ups and downs and ins and outs and how frustrating I must be
You love to have fun-even if it means taking up skiing after years
You have a crazy love affair with all games
Your jokes-I make fun of them, and rightfully so, but you think you’re so funny, that it’s funny and adorable
The way you encourage me to do better everyday
How you wanted to know more about the church because you wanted an eternal family
That you wanted to have that eternal family with me
Your perseverance
That khakis and a polo shirt are casual, bumming around the house on Saturday morning, clothes to you
That you think I'm funny too
You like being the ward clerk
You love the Book of Mormon
You want to be a better person
You still love me even when I break down on the phone and want a solution to all the crazy things going on in our life right now.

I love you. Happy Birthday, love.

1 comment:

Jen said...

I enjoyed reading the 30 reasons--what a great idea and a nice tribute to your hubby! Happy Birthday W!