Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The RS Elves

I am the current ward "project". I'm convinced of it.  First, the young women came and repainted my basement after one of the leaders overheard that I was going to hire painters to just refresh some of the current painting and redo some of the more drastic colors to something more neutral.

Then, the YW president happened to be quite into painting. So, when she came to help prepare for the young women, she started walking around the whole house asking what I wanted to repaint upstairs too!  So, yesterday, while I was at work, they came and repainted almost the whole upstairs!!!

I had a large dark red wall that is now "gobi desert" or tan.  And the off white walls are now clean and neat off white walls. I will post pictures soon. My house is quite fume-y but it was fun to come home to a transformed house!

Now I just have to scramble to clean up so that Megan's play group can come from 9-11, the dishwasher (I'll share more on that too later!) at 11-1 and the YW president (for more painting) at 10:30.  I'm a mad woman!!!

4 comments:

Emily said...

I love that you have such a wonderful community surrounding you that will just pitch in when you need it. I can't wait to see pictures.

Claudia said...

That sounds like such a treat. I love a new coat of paint!

Kim said...

New paint is the best... whenever I hear wonderful stories like this I think of Elder Bednar's talk on Tender Mercies.

Grace said...

that's awesome!! I'm glad that they're so willing to help!