Wednesday, February 13, 2008

cookie salad

So, I have a potluck tomorrow at work.  I don't like taking warm things to work potlucks.  I'm busy with patients all morning so I don't have time to worry about crockpots or keeping it warm, etc.  So, I decided to make the highly nutritious Cookie Salad.  It's called a salad and has fruit in it so it must have some redeeming value!  Right???

Cookie Salad
2 packages instant vanilla pudding
2 cups buttermilk
1 can crushed pineapple, drained
2- 8oz. containers of cool whip
1 package shortbread fudge-striped cookies, crushed
keep a few cookies aside whole for decoration

Mix pudding and buttermilk. Stir in pineapple, cool whip and crushed cookies.  Refrigerate.  Decorate with leftover cookies when ready to serve. YUM!

2 comments:

Jen said...

Cookie salad is so yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe.

The UnMighty said...

"Some redeeming value"? I'd say total redeeming value. Well Done.

Found you site through some friends. Good stuff.