Monday, February 11, 2008

I may be "hireable" after all!

I didn't mean to take a blogging hiatus.  I just figure I might as well not depress you with my loneliness!  I have discovered that, while I may try to convince myself that this is my current "journal", it will never be a true journal where I can pour my heart out.  If so, you would have heard some weeping and wailing and gnashing of teeth this weekend!  The weekends are the hardest.  I'm the loneliest (not surprising) and I'm getting sick of not having an end in sight.

So... my sweet friend Megan came through on Friday and called with about ten contact names for me to keep on my job search so I can join my husband!!! Hooray for Megan!!!! It made my weekend!  And despite my feelings of inadequacy, I was a brave girl and called four places today and emailed one!  In addition, one of the places she mentioned, I had already applied to work at (a skilled nursing facility) and they called back on Friday and I just talked to him and he thinks he can get me as many hours on Saturdays as I could want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Which is perfect because then I don't really have to worry about the babysitting thing yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   And which means there may be an end in sight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Claudia said...

Yeay!!!! That is so awesome! We hope to see you here again soon. For good. By the way ... I'm sure you don't want to work in Provo but just thought I'd mention that my RS Pres. is a speech therapist for the school district and she says they are always needing more people. She only works part time too. :o)

Jen said...

Yea! I'm so glad that things are coming together with getting a job lined up. And from all that I know about you, you should not feel inadequate. I really hope everything works out soon so that you can be with your hubby again. I can't even imagine how hard it must be--I have a hard time when Luke has to go out of town for 2 or 3 days. Good luck! You are in my thoughts!