Monday, October 6, 2008

Mastitis

This is so not fun.  
I'm one of those people that women hate. I don't get cracked nipples, I don't get blisters, and once my babies figure out how to nurse, they basically don't have to work too hard at anything except not drowning in milk!  
I have a clogged milk duct and spent Sunday feeling flu-ish, pumping to clear out my milk, nursing all day (LG was a fan of the new "schedule"), and basically feeling crappy.  It was not fun.  And it still hurts.  I'm doing all the right things and getting better but it still feels like someone's pinching my right side.  TMI?  W's new job doesn't get us insurance for 60 days so I'm also avoiding modern medicine.  Wish me luck!

9 comments:

Heather said...

I'm so sorry, I had this happen my last pregnancy. A lot of warm washcloths, massaging and tylenol is what helped me. I couldn't raise my right arm it hurt so bad as well as sleeping on my side would cause the nausea. Hang in there and keep pumping/nursing/massaging to avoid infection. You will suddently feel better when it unclogs and the relief of symptoms is a phenomenal feeling!!!!

Barb said...

Sorry, sounds nasty. What is Will's new job??

Halley said...

CONGRATS!!! On Will's job! That was freaking fast! I'm not surprised. :) By the way, your scaring me with all the nursing stuff... :)

Liz said...

don't be scared! nursing is a wonderful, wonderful thing but it is not always easy!

Tati said...

I am so sorry to hear this! I hope you feel good soon! Congrats on the new job!

Erin said...

Ouch! I had it really bad. It really helped me to take a hot bath and massage the clogged ducts and/or rub them with a massage oil or olive oil. Good luck!

rkchughes said...

Liz, I had it for MONTHS with Zach. It was a constant battle so if you need any encouragement or words of wisdom, if you want them, give me a call or email me. I feel for you REALLY I do!!!!

Grandma Jan said...

Can't help you on this one but I do pray for a quick recovery. Hope you feel better soon.

I have to say, I really like the updates on your 'About Me'.
Love,
G Jan

Liz said...

thanks for all the advice! i'm feeling much better!